How to Make Apple Spice Cupcakes ( Special ) - I love apple butter. It reminds me of my Great Grandaddy. He lived to be 99 years old. Every day, he ate apple butter, applesauce and took geritol. He also ate from his own garden into his 80s when he was moved to a senior citizens assisted living complex. He hated it at first, because he said he "didn't want to be with all them old people"...I know right? He was 80 something and didn't even think he was old.
When I graduated high school in 1992, he came down to stay the week. He made one last trip down to Georgia from Virginia shortly before he died. He told Nana that he felt trapped in his old body. In his mind he felt like he was in his 30s or 40s. But his body wouldn't and couldn't keep up. Old age is sad, thankfully we have the hope of paradise on earth when we will see Grandaddy again.
So back to the apple butter. I wanted to make a yummy spicy apple cupcake for the fall and found a good recipe, made some necessary changes because I was determined to use apple butter. And this is what was born:
[Sweet] How to Make Apple Spice Cupcakes ( Special )
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cup apple butter
- 2 apples, peeled, shredded and squeezed of their juice (we used Granny Smith)
Measures to Make Apple Spice Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter, sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time and beat well after each.
- Stir in the shredded apples.
- Alternately add flour mixture and apple butter to the bowl and mix on low speed.
- Divide batter evenly among liners and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- We frosted these with Dulce de Leche Swiss Meringue Buttercream.
- Drizzled them with thinned dulce de leche and sprinkled with pecans.
- We called them Caramel Apple Cupcakes.
So good! ^_^ , hope this recipe about [Sweet] How to Make Apple Spice Cupcakes ( Special ) can benefit for you :)