5 Best romantic Places in Thailand for Honeymoon - Most Thailand holiday packages will serve you Bangkok in huge dollops, but if you are looking for romance, probably seclusion will suit your more. Sure, the capital Bangkok has romantic resorts and is a shopping paradise, but there are getaways in the country which are quieter, less cluttered and certainly more romantic. Here is a gist:
1. Ko Samui: There are soft beaches, tons of coconut trees spread everywhere and luxurious resorts where top facilities are just an inch or two away. There are amazing spas where you can find relaxation and there are promenades where a walk (hand in hand) can be a walk to remember. Kayaking and snorkeling are the top beach activities. So, more and more honeymooners are opting for Ko Samui these days.
2. Krabi: Krabi does not enjoy as many footfalls as it should. And this is more to do with its isolated location than anything else. If natural beauty is to be taken into account, it can beat any other destination in Thailand hands down. Beaches like Railey Beach and bays like Andanman Bay are stuffs legends are made of. Limestone rocks, refulgent waters and terrific opportunities for diving- if there is paradise on Thailand, it is at Krabi!
3. Phuket: Phuket is the biggest island in the country and is naturally a very popular destination. It has good sunny beaches with the likes of Kata Beach, Surin Beach and Nai Hark Beach dominating the popularity charts. Phuket, despite its sky-high reputation, does not get cluttered and offers plenty of free space and activities to private couples.
4. Chiang Mai: Chiang Mai, with its historic façade and an overdose of culture, may not have featured in conventional Thailand honeymoon packages. But the new-age couples prefer variety in their holidays these days and a lot of emphasis is also being placed on culture-hopping. So this city with its temples, ruins, mountainous countryside and elephants makes the cut in our list.
5. Khao Yai: Did you say romantic? Perhaps not in the traditional sense, but Khao Yai is luring honeymooners for its national parks, bucolic villages and rustic mountains. Rafting is a popular activity to try out here.